A small but very important improvement for Indian localization by Microsoft which will help in overcoming many traditional issues in Stock transfer order process.
Pre-Requisites: You should have following version.
This feature will address following issues:
- Default values of Transfer type and Price type can be configured in Inventory and warehouse management parameters.
Navigate to, Inventory Management > Parameters > Transfer Order.
- Unit price in a stock transfer order line is correctly recalculated based on the inventory dimensions specified in the line until the first shipment is posted for the line.
This was the major issue in transfer order costing, now this has been resolved now the cost will be populated based on Inventory dimension combination. See following as example:
- Shipment of a stock transfer order line having zero Unit price can be prevented.
- Correct inventory costs are posted for stock transfer orders in case of partial shipments or receipts, batch-controlled items, etc.
- Unrealized profit or loss is not posted upon shipment or receipt of a stock transfer line if the unit price differs from the inventory cost price of the item.
This was a really big issue while stock transfer and was creating huge Inventory reconciliation issue, difference was going into P&L.
- The feature also restricts changing Unit of measure in stock transfer order lines.
That’s it for this, hope this will solve lot of issues for stock transfer.
Thank You!!! Keep reading and sharing!!!
Thank You Nikesh Kurhade for helping in writing this blog !!!