After enabling vendor for Collaboration portal now let’s see what the activities are which can be performed using this portal from vendor side.
- Purchase order confirmation – Monitor and respond to purchase orders (POs).
- Vendor bidding – View requests for quotation (RFQs) and respond to them by entering bids.
- Vendor information – View and update vendor master data.
- Invoicing – Work with invoices
Now in this blog we will talk about Purchase order related activities.
Overall Purchase Order Process:
Now before starting this process there is one more setup which can be done on F&O side,
Defining the information that is shown to vendors when they respond to POs
Navigate to, Procurement and Sourcing > Setup > Vendor Collaboration
Let’s understand different statuses:
- Draft (If change management is enabled)
- In-Review (When it is pending for internal approval)
- Approved (Once it is approved)
- In-External Review (When it is sent to vendor for acceptance)
- Confirm (This can be automatically done or manually once vendor accepts the PO)
Now let’s see how this process works:
Step-1: Create Purchase order in F&O
Step-2: Send for Confirmation in F&O
Step-3: View Purchase Order Waiting for review in Vendor collaboration and take action
Step-4: View Accepted Order and Confirm in F&O
Navigate to Purchase order preparation workspace.
Note: This can be auto confirmed if vendor is enabled for Auto confirm.
Step-5: View Confirmed Order in vendor Collaboration
Now after this we can proceed for product receipts and other activities.
That’s it for this blog, I will be coming with next blog with another activity.
Thank You !!! Keep Reading and sharing !!